The basic purpose of ORM Designer is model visualization. Instead of reading and modifying a lot of text files view your model as intuitive and polished diagram:
- based on verified and well known ERD model,
- extended with advanced modeling techniques like MN, inheritance, orm properties, etc,
- supplemented with visual tools like regions, comments and grid to make your model more comprehensible.
Polished user interface
- The whole application GUI uses guidelines recommended for specific OS.
- Ribbon widget for model control.
- Built-in wizards will help you to use ORM Designer easily.
- Dialogs for simple ORM elements editing (entities, indexes, associations,etc.).
Easy import of existing project
Do you want to start using ORM Designer but you're afraid of complex learning curve? Don't be! If you want to see your model in ORM Designer, follow these steps:
- choose "Import new" and "Import ORM Project" from main menu,
- enter a name of your project to Import Project Wizard dialog,
- select MVC and ORM framework you use on your project,
- enter root path of your project and confirm it by pressing "OK" button,
- after few seconds you will see a list of found schema files,
- and after confirmation you will see your model.
Intuitive dialogs and editors
Sometimes it can be little frustrating to remember all necessary rules to define your model. Thankfully to ORM Designer you can simply fill values to predefined editors without any doubts.
- Well described editor windows.
- Built-in help for ORM properties.
- Predefined value choosers as combo boxes or chooser windows.
Complex but smart ORM property editor
Instead of remembering a lot of constants and enums, now you can choose all these values from predefined lists. Instead of writing the same values again and again, simply click on value!
- Tree-based property editor.
- Each property has defined type and corresponding editor.
- Some types have predefined enum values, constants or callback values.
- Support for complex structures and containers.
- Support for ordered or key-value properties.
- If possible, URL links to open web ORM documentation are attached.