Visual definitions editor for Doctrine2 ORM
Innovative approach to Doctrine2 definition files
Looking for a really effective way how to work with Doctrine2 ORM framework? ORM Designer is a revolutionary application which introduces new approach to Doctrine2 definition files.
You just create or import your model in visual way and then simply export the definition files.. And there are also many other benefits which ORM Designer brings to Doctrine2 project work flow.
As result you can save up to 70% of your time. How? Take a look below and see short list of key features and benefits for Doctrine2 ORM.
Key features and benefits
- Repetitive definition files export Continuously design the model and export files when required.
- Import support ORM Designer visualizes the project model from imported definition files. Good for older projects and for quick start.
- Up-to-date documentation Your project documentation is always updated. Do as many changes as you want, model is always equal to definition files.
- Typos and errors elimination Avoid the typos and errors in your definitions. The export is fully automatic and there's no space for them.
- Native support for major operating systems You can run ORM Designer on Windows, Mac OS or Linux.
- Save your time and moneyCheck our ROI & Case studies and what others wrote about ORM Designer
Doctrine2 support in ORM Designer
- Doctrine2 definitions export ORM Designer exports Doctrine2 definition files right from the visual model. Don't write text definitions manually anymore.
- Easy start - Import your Doctrine2 project Import your Doctrine2 definition files and ORM Designer creates the visual model. Further changes in the model are transmitted to your definition files by clicking on export button
- Supported file formats You can export your project to any file format supported by Doctrine2. Export to XML, YAML or PHP annotations.
- Supported Doctrine2 features ORM Designer fully supports all Doctrine2 features, techniques and schema formats.
- Simple vs. large Doctrine2 project No matter if you model a simple schema or create a large project with several plugins. ORM Designer will help you.
Schema Import and Export
Start is so easy! Use built-in wizard to import your existing Doctrine2 project to ORM Designer. Newly imported model is automatically arranged and divided into modules, which you can share between multiple projects. Make changes in your model and then just export the definition files.
Use the project tree with full-text searching ability instead of searching for specific entity (or other model object) in your diagram. This is really fast way how to explore your model, isn't it?
Associations (One to One, One to Many, Many to Many)
Defining of association in Doctrine2 ORM might be really tricky so we added an extra wizard for one to one, one to many and many to many associations to ORM Designer. It will guide you through selection of owner and inverse entity, MN entity or specifying and choosing the correct aliases, all in easy GUI way.
Another complex feature of Doctrine2 is inheritance. ORM Designer also offers a simple wizard for this task. As well as in many-to-many example, you will be guided through inheritance creations by ORM Designer and the text definitions will be exported automatically.
Supported formats (XML, YML, PHP)
ORM Designer supports all available Doctrine2 formats. You can import and export your models in XML, YML or directly in PHP code by using annotations.
You can use Doctrine2 ORM with any of existing MVC Framework.
ORM Designer has explicit support for two largest MVC frameworks: Symfony (and Symfony2) and Zend Framework (and Zend FW2). If you want to use ORM Designer with any other MVC Framework, simply choose "Without MVC" in new project configuration.
ORM Designer customization
Although ORM Designer supports all available features of Doctrine2 ORM, sometimes you might need more. It's not a problem.
ORM Designer offers a great way how to extend or customize existing configurations. Define your own datatypes, custom properties, add new behaviors or change existing properties too. Check details here.
Download ORM Designer now!
You can try ORM Designer for 14 days for free without any commitment. Try ORM Designer now!.
Detailed list of supported Doctrine2 ORM features
ORM Designer model properties
|Project||Name, Storage path, Description|
|Module||Name, Description, External plugin storage, Export path and format|
|Field||Name, Type, Size, Required, Unique, Primary key, Auto increment, Default value, Enum values, Description|
|Association||Owner/Inverse entity, Reference fields, Owner/Inverse alias, Association Type (one-to-one, one-to-many), Parent requirement, Description|
|Many to Many||MN Entity, Owner/Inverse Entity, Reference Fields, Owner/Inverse Alias, Description|
|Inheritance||Base/Derived Entity, Inheritance Type, Discriminator Value/Field, Description|
|Index||Name, Unique, Indexed Fields, Description|
Doctrine2 model properties
|Module||namespace, file-suffix (.dcm, .orm, without-siffix), filename-format (with-namespace, entity-only)|
|Entity||table, schema, repository-class, export-file-name, change-tracking-policy (DEFERRED_IMPLICIT, DEFERRED_EXPLICIT, NOTIFY), lifecycle-callbacks(type, method)|
|Field||column, version, scale, precision, column-definition, generator (strategy), sequence-generator (sequence-name, allocation-size, initial-value)|
|Association||onDelete, onUpdate, orderBy, side-owning / side-inverse (fetch, orphan-removal, cascade, order-by)|
|Many to Many||join-table-schema, fetch, on-delete, on-update, cascade, order-by|
Doctrine2 datatypes support
Doctrine2 inheritance support
Doctrine2 associations support
- One to One (one-to-one)
- One to many (one-to-many)
- Many to one (many-to-one)
- Many to many (many-to-many)
Doctrine2 model import / export formats
- XML definitions
- YAML (YML) definitions
- PHP Annotations